Microprocessor Programming Lab
Programming of microprocessors is one of the crucial laboratories in the main BSc course in the domain of electronics, telecommunications and IT. The attendees of prospective classes asso-ciated with this lab train their practical skills in microprocessor programming and software testing. In particular, due to the simplicity and popularity of the 8-bit Intel-51 microcontroller, students become familiar with its architecture through preparing assembler-based programs. Modern mi-croprocessors with 32-bit architecture from the ARM Cortex M3/M4 families are also investigated by means of numerous software tasks utilizing C/C++ programing languages.
The aim is to have students work individually with their own development boards in order to maximize the efficiency of the learning process and gaining practical skills. There are 16 separate workplaces featured with PCs operated by MS Windows 10 (in most cases, equipped with two screens), and two development kits: one devoted to the 8051 microprocessor, and one to the TI ARM Cortex M4. In particular, there are 16 boards called Didactic Microprocessor Kits DSM-51, and 16 boards „EasyMxPRO™v7 for STELLARIS® ARM®” with the M4C123GH6PGE microcontroller. For programming, dedicated Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is used, called Code Composer Studio.
The lab is spacious, allowing people with disabilities for easy access to the workplace.
- 16 PCs with MS Windows 10, most with 2 screens and with Internet access
- Beamer with wireless access
- 16 DSM-51 evaluation boards for Intel 8051 processor with numerous add-on modules:
- Module M1 – Crossroads model
- Module M3 – Object counter
- Module M6 – Thyristor light regulator
- Module M7 – RS485 interface
- Module M8 – Magnetic card reader
- Module M10 – Resistance-based temperature sensor
- Module M11 – EEPROM reader
- Module M13 – Real Time Clock
- 16 evaluation boards EasyMxPRO™v7 for STELLARIS® ARM®” z microcontrollerTM4C123GH6PGE
- Barcode scanner Datalogic Quickscan
- Evaluation board EM-STM3210C
- Evaluation board STM32Butterfly + ZL2ETH
Technologies studied and specialist software used:
- Code Composer Studio
Adrian Kliks, PhD, email@example.com