Mobile Radiocommunications and Cognitive Radio Lab
The laboratory for mobile radiocomunications and cognitive radio is equipped with 15 PCs, used for realization of numerous practical exercises and projects in various courses offered at the Institute of Radiocommunications. Advanced software tools are installed and available for students and researchers, including MATLAB/Simulink, GnuRadio or EDX Signal Pro. Inside the lab, two experimental cellular networks have been installed, mainly one for 2G (three GSM base stations with dedicated controller) and one for 4G (one LTE base station). Students can also use an advanced cellular network tester (used normally for drive tests), with hardware provided by Systemics PAB Sp. z o. o.
The laboratory is also equipped with highly advanced measurement devices, such as, signal generators (Rohde&Schwarz, Tektronix, Philips), spectrum and signal analyzers (Rohde&Schwarz, Agilent, Anritsu), radiocommunication testers (Rohde&Schwarz), digital oscilloscopes (Agilent, Tektronix). There are also software defined radio modules, mainly USRP N200, N210, USRP 1, and USRP B210, as well as evaluation boards with digital signal processors by Texas Instruments.
The lab is intended for the following courses: wireless network planning (where commercial software EDX SignalPro and WRAP is used), satellite and space communications (with Matlab/Simulink), problem-solving workshop for software-defined and cognitive radio (with USRP and GnuRadio), and wireless access networks. In addition, BSc and MSc theses are often prepared in this laboratory.
- 15 PCs with MS Windows 10 and Linux Ubuntu
- Signal analyzer Rohde&Schwarz FSIQ3
- Spectrum analyzer Anritsu MS2720T (band up to 40 GHz)
- Signal generator Rohde&Schwarz SMIQ02
- I/Q Modulation Generator Rohde&Schwarz AMIQ
- Radiocommunications Tester Rohde&Schwarz CMU200
- Spectrum analyzer Rohde&Schwarz FSL6
- Signal generator Rohde&Schwarz SMBV100A
- Digital oscilloscope with spectrum analyzer Tektronix MDO4106
- Function Generators & Synthesiser Tektronix AFG3251
- Software Defined Radio Platforms USRP B210, USRP 1, USRP N210, USRP N200
Technologies studied and specialist software used:
- Gnu Radio + Gnu Radio Companion
- EDX Signal Pro
Rafał Krenz, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Paweł Kryszkiewicz, PhD, email@example.com